Welcome to the CAS Research Community
This community is for is for teachers, volunteers, researchers, lecturers or outreach staff who work in the computing education space.
You might like to:
- use research-informed resources in their classrooms
- use research to help explain (show intent) and improve their teaching
- take part in research
- engage with or undertake research as part of studies (e.g. ITT, masters, Ph.D.)
- lead research as part of the jobs
CAS Research is here to support all, working together to achieve the following goals:
- To raise the profile of computing education research within CAS
- To support CAS members in their engagement with computer education research
- To raise the profile of computing education research generally
This community is run by Dr Jane Waite and Dr Jon Chippindall
Jane conducts research with the Raspberry Pi Foundation at the Raspberry Pi Computing Education Research Centre. Jane spent 20 years as a developer before retraining as a primary school teacher. Her and Jon first met when they co-authored the Barefoot resources. Jon splits his week between teaching computing to key stage 2 at a primary school in Manchester and leading CAS as Director.