A packed programme of events for summer 2020
We’re thrilled to announce the launch of the CAS Virtual Showcase, a two-week packed programme that runs from Monday 22 June to Friday 3 July, bringing together our community, experts and guest speakers to offer over 50 online events and webinars.
We know many of you have enjoyed our summer face-to- face regional events, so we’re making sure that these can go ahead - in a new format.
There’s a chance to find out more about Barefoot Programming, the NCCE’s courses, ISAAC computer science, updates to the AQA’s GCSE Computer Science specification, as well as a keynote speech from Simon Peyton-Jones, Chair of the CAS Board, and an update and welcome from the National CAS Community Manager, Beverly Clarke.
There are also fun and innovative ideas to inspire our teaching community.
Highlights of the CAS Virtual Showcase include:
· Barefoot programming workshop with Jon Chippindall (Tues 23 June, 10am to 10.45am)
· Mental Health, Cat Lamin (Fri 26 June, 1pm)
· Inclusive Computing Classroom, Catherine Elliot KS 1 and 2 (Thurs 25 June, 2pm)
· Unplugged ideas in Ks1 and KS2, Martin Bailey (Thurs 25 June, 11am)
· Preparing leaders for an Ofsted Deep Dive, Suffolk Computing Hub (Tues 30 June, 10am )
· Fake News, Elli Narewska (Mon 29 June, 11am)
· Machine Learning for Kids KS1 and 2, Dale Lane (Fri 3 July, 1pm)
Beverly Clarke, National CAS Community Manager at BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT said:
“I am delighted that we have been able to respond to the pandemic by offering the first ever CAS Virtual Showcase. The teaching community has responded well in delivering emergency remote teaching and through this showcase we hope to continue supporting teachers to gain value CPD in challenging times.”
For a full list of all events and to book, click here.
Full programme e-brochure can be download here or see below.