CAS Research is an informal group of people who are working together to try to achieve the following goals:
- To raise the profile of computer science education research within CAS
- To support CAS members in their engagement with computer education research
There are those members who are keen to:
- use research-informed resources in their classrooms
- use research to help explain (show intent) and improve their teaching
- take part in research
- engage with or undertake research as part of studies (e.g. ITT, masters, Ph.D.)
- lead research as part of the jobs
CAS Research is here to support all! Have your say here! How do you engage with, or would like to engage, with computing education research?
Please complete our CAS Research Survey and share this with your colleagues.
Previous CAS research work includes:
- a research strand at the CAS Conference. June 2015, June 2016.
- a literature search of relevant research in the area of computer science education in schools. This is available as a CAS resource.
- a Ph.D. student support group [here] But we are moving this to a CAS forum
- a Computing Education group, which has now been moved to the Computing Education Research Forum