To join the CAS Assessment working group mail list please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 All CAS Assessment working group activity is now online. There are no planned face-to-face meetings.
To facilitate discussion of the assessment issues, the following activities are planned:
- Responding to forum discussions
- Initiating new forum discussions
- Initiating discussions associated with regional conferences.
- Conducting surveys
- Coordinating and communicating requests made and opportunities provided by stakeholders with working group members
- Supporting the School Curriculum and Assessment Committee
November 2020 “modifying arrangements in the light of COVID-19 impact” discussions
There is proposed a series of 3 online meetings to discuss the issues around Level 1/2 examinations and coursework requirements.
10.00am Monday 16/11/2020, 23/11/2020 and 30/11/2020
A route plan:
- Decide which qualifications we need to discuss
- Gather data on each (requirements, dates, etc)
- Gather opinion “what are the issues?” (if any)
- Gather opinion “what are the proposals?”
- What is the reaction of the Awarding Organisations to the proposals?
- Communicate with Ofqual if appropriate/necessary
CAS Virtual Showcase20 provided the opportunity for four discussion areas to be openly debated:
- Transition see https://community.computingatschool.org.uk/resources/6146
- Quantum see https://community.computingatschool.org.uk/resources/6148
- Emergency remote teaching https://community.computingatschool.org.uk/resources/6149
- Inclusion see https://community.computingatschool.org.uk/resources/6147
Each area was introduced on June 22nd meeting slide deck audio recording.
There were open discussions held on dates between the 22nd June and 2nd July.
The July 2nd meeting reported on the findings of the different meetings slide deck audio recording.
The next foci will be raised in the summer break and meetings will occur in the early part of the Autumn Term.