Since the announcement the consortium of BCS, The Raspberry Pi Foundation and STEM Learning has been awarded the contract to deliver the NCCE, the partners have been working hard to get the programme up and running.
It's a complicated project with lots of moving parts and the official launch is set for January 2019. CAS will be updating its community members on a weekly basis with some of the significant milestones that affect our activities.
If you have any questions then please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Week ending Nov 30
- The issue about the future naming of the CAS Hubs, to avoid confusing with the National Centre Computing Hubs has been agreed and is being introduced to the CAS Community: see https://community.computingatschool.org.uk/forums/1/topics/9310 for more information
- Thus far, 54 registrations for the creation/continuation of CAS Communities have been opened (13 new schools, 24 Secondary, 17 Primary/Secondary, and 9 Primary)
- The CAS event management system is being enhanced to help existing and new CAS Community leaders arrange their meetings and assist with publicising their events
- Sue Sentance hosted the #caschat this week, a summary can be found here
- There has been good interest from both HEIs and schools to take on the transitional role of a Regional Delivery Partners (RDP) to kick-start the local delivery of courses and training. The deadline is December 7th. Each RDP will be asked to recruit a number of local subject matter experts from their region, primarily teachers e.g. CAS Master Teachers so keep an eye out for that call!
- Progress is ongoing for development of new courses for both primary and secondary to start in the Spring term
- Vacancies for key roles across the consortium have been advertised, applications and interviews are taking place.
- Roles in Digital Product Development, Computing Education and Programme Management at Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Roles in Programme and Project Management, Educational Content Development and Support Functions at STEM Learning Limited
- Roles in Community Management, Community Outreach and Project Administration at BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT