Computing at School (CAS) collaborates with universities across the UK and further afield, with the aim of providing access to a range of resources and local events supporting continuing professional development for the classroom teacher. Universities can get involved with CAS either through individual (personal) CAS membership, or through the CAS University Partner Scheme.
Individual CAS Membership
This is available to any member of university staff with an interest in computing education. To join CAS, follow the instructions on the CAS homepage to become a member where you can start sharing resources, supporting members, connecting with others and taking part in discussions.
CAS University Partner Scheme
This scheme gives faculty or departmental recognition for being a CAS University Partner. To apply, please complete the form in this link requesting to be named as a CAS University Partner.
- A direct link to the main CAS website from your university website (Computing or ITT departments)
- Hosting specialist CAS Community Groups (three per academic year) - based upon an area of research/expertise and with links to a related CAS Working Group.
- Support widening participation through engagement with local CAS communities, such as identifying opportunities to school staff available for students at different age groups.
- Encourage student teachers to join CAS and attend CAS Community of Practice (COP) meetings which supports them as practising teachers.
- Highlight the importance of CAS in the teacher career development journey, such as through case studies/blogs/discussions shared on the CAS website.
- A bespoke page link from the CAS website “University Partners” page linked to your university website (Computing or ITT departments)
- Support from the CAS Outreach Team for your community group
- Further opportunities such as guest speaking at, and hosting CAS events including conferences and engaging with the local CAS community.
Get in touch to find out more about our CAS University Partnership programme. See how through a collaborative partnership we can help to support your university with events for school teachers and students, sharing resources, join working groups, write blog posts and much more.
If you would like to know more or have a question about becoming a CAS University Partner then please contact us at - email@example.com.