CAS Research is an informal group of people who are working together to try to achieve the following (ambitious) goals:
- To support teachers wishing to become engaged with research by carrying out small research projects
- To set up resources around existing research to enable teachers to see where evidence exists for particular aspects of pedagogy
- To collaboratively work on, and share, research in the field of computer science education in schools
So far we are working on the following:
- We have introduced a research strand at the CAS Conference. This ran for the first time in June 2015 and again in June 2016.
- We carried out a literature search of relevant research in the area of computer science education in schools. This is available as a CAS resource but we are still working on it.
- We have launched a project called Teacher Inquiry in Computing Education
- We have set up a support group to support PhD students working in the area of computer science education research which you can join here
We have been meeting to work on projects every three months at BCS London. If you are interested in joining, or if you are an academic wanting to support the teacher research project, we have a mailing list at email@example.com. To join click here.
This a new initiative for CAS so gradually you will see more content appear on these pages.