Our selection process is split into 2 stages; an initial online application and an assessment centre.
Stage 1 - Initial application
You will need to submit an online application telling us about your background and your achievements. The application is your opportunity to create a strong first impression.
Stage 2 - Assessment
Should your initial application be successful, we will arrange for you to attend one of our BCS Scholarship assessment centres. The assessment centres consist of 4 parts:
- Computer Science subject knowledge test
- Master Techer interview
- Group assessment with an industry partner
We will assess:
- Your understanding of school educational environments and current teaching practices
- Your familiarity with the Computing resources available to teachers
- Your leadership and management potential
- Your potential for professionally-developing other school teachers in the future
- Your Computing subject knowledge
- Autonomy, influence, complexity, business skills and an understanding of the technology sector and how it could relate to an educational environment.
Our assessment centre days are run throughout the year and take place in London and Manchester. These days also provide you with an opportunity to ask questions regarding teaching and the BCS Scholarship and network with other candidates and teachers.